Thursday, February 28, 2013

Christmas

This is kind of like Christmas in July - but it's Christmas in February (barely) as I have decided to ignore my blog for so long. But that is all going to change (hopefully).

Mason's first Christmas was not quite as exciting as I had hoped (not that I really expected much). I knew being young he wouldn't care about much of anything - I thought he might enjoy the lights or the tree or something, but he really didn't care for any of it.

Even if he didn't care - it was so much fun to have a different outlook on the holiday. 

We spent many nights soaking in the Christmas feeling, complete with the tree, fire, and Christmas music. It is always my favorite way to enjoy the season.

It was during this time that Mason did get a bit more mobile and would make his way to the presents quite often. He loved to just gnaw on them.

The season was filled with parties and activities - which I happened to take zero pictures of. I guess Mason won't be able to look back and remember any of it.

Christmas Eve night we did do new jammies for Mason and Cam - I always think Mason is cute in everything - but these were his first pair of tight pajamas and he was killing me with how adorable he looked. 

My Boys.

Christmas morning was different than anything I have experienced. We went through our regular routine of feeding, changing, etc (apparently Mason's excitement couldn't get him through his hunger pains like the rest of us). And still being so little - even opening presents was more for us than him.

He did love to study each and every piece of paper he ripped of and usually didn't care what was even inside. 

But once he got the idea of them being toys or even interesting - he was then fully focused. I just love my little serious boy.

Next up Christmas day was Christmas at my parents. It is so nostalgic and something I just love! Filled with breakfast food, my favorite people, and gifting presents (something I have always loved with my siblings - the gifts are always so well planned and thoughtful and always more fun to give than to get). 

The day was filled with lots of love for my little guy - he is so lucky to have so many family members who just love him. 

And for some reason he always ends up with Uncle Ben - I think he has found a little bit of a buddy in him.

The cousins especially can't get enough of Mason - they are always so good to love on him and Mason drew quite the audience while opening his present. He was more interested in everyone looking at him than he was in opening the present. 

We spent most of the day there and enjoyed the quiet that happened when naps happened and the crowd dwindled. It was so nice to just soak up the holiday afterglow.

The following weekend we had Christmas with the Clark's. They rented the church and we made it an Ugly Christmas Sweater party - it was a BLAST! We made calzones, the kids could run around, and presents of course!

Cameron is always up for going all out for things (remember Forest Gump for Ragnar?) and this was no exception. His outfit just kept getting crazier and crazier. I love this guy and his attitude towards things. 

Oh boy... I have no words really. But those meggings. 

The rest of the pictures of this event are being held hostage as I was told none of them turned out. Someday I hope to get them and show you just how fun the party was.

It really was a fabulous Christmas and I can't wait for many more with our little munchkin. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

he is too dang cute. his features are so expressive and big! loved to see a post from yoU!