Sunday, July 1, 2012

Blessing Day

I've come to the conclusion that there are few days that are better in life than a blessing day.

Today proved that.

We blessed Mason today, and it was an absolutely perfect day. It started off a little early with his 5:00 AM feeding, but on the rare occasion I was grateful for this early morning feeding. I think Heavenly Father blesses moms with special moments with their babies to remind us of just what a blessing these babies are. Watching my sweet little boy eat/sleep in my arms and marveling at all his tiny parts made me tear up with gratitude for this little spirit and the blessing of being a mom. I love that boy more than anything. It was a perfect start to this special day.

We are lucky enough to live near so much of our family, and they were all there to support us. It was so neat to see the men in our lives walk up and be in the circle surrounding my whole world - Mason. There was so much love in that circle and in that chapel, and that is one thing I think makes blessings so special.

Cameron offered a beautiful blessing and I couldn't help but fall in love with him a little more. Mason is truly blessed to have such a good dad and example in Cameron.

The next best part of the day is the gathering after. We took advantage of the beautiful weather (and open space) and went to the park. Again, it turned out perfect.

There were the essential ingredients for a blessing day:

The Food:


We went with simple and did easy breakfast foods (I did manage to make some bagels and cinnamon rolls, which I guess weren't so "easy" - but totally worth it). Everyone was so nice to bring everything else that made this a breakfast fit for a king. 




The People:
Again, we are SO lucky to both have such amazing families. I love getting together, and if we can get both families at once, it's even better.





(these cute kids were patiently awaiting the splash pad to come on - as you can see, they were fully prepared)

 What would a mom do without her own mom? This whole journey would be a whole different story if it weren't for my mom. I am lucky enough to be able to learn from the best. I can only hope to be half the mom she was, especially as I am now a mom and realize even more what an amazing mom she is. I am so blessed to have her as my mom, and Mason is so blessed to have her as a grandma.

Love these girls - what would I do without them? There are no words for the love I have for them.


The Star of the Show:

Mason




The Family:
my family


These two are my whole world. 

We were able to finish out the day as our own little family and it was all perfect. I even broke from our normal routine and snuck in a little nap with my baby - cuddling up to that boy is heaven.

I wish there was a way to adequately write down how I felt about today, but I feel like trying to do so would not do it justice. With Mason constantly changing and growing, I am reminded of how fleeting life is and just how short the time is with Mason being my baby -I just want to make it slow down and remember every detail. So although I might not remember ever detail or feeling of today - I will remember that it was perfect.

5 comments:

Amy said...

So beautiful! I love these kinds of days.

hbentley said...

It was a perfect day. Thanks for letting us be apart of it. Thanks for all the good food.

Jamie said...

Blessing days are the best. The highlight days for a mom. Cameron did a beautiful job, and the after-party was perfect. Doing it at the park was genius. Thanks for sharing your special day with us.

Love all three of you so much.

Jamie said...

BTW, that last pic of just Mason is perfect. New favorite.

Maga said...

Thanks for the neat neat pictures!
Darling baby (you and Cameron did a great job!!!) I'm anxious to hear the blessing!