Thursday, June 28, 2012

Us?

Being "us" used to just include the two of us - we don't even know what that is like anymore.

I took this picture going into the hospital the day (before) we had Mason - our last picture being kid-less (I don't count the picture in the delivery room).
I don't think we knew what was about to hit us.

 We took this picture our first week home - I think mostly as proof that we were still sane and in existence as every other 8000 pictures were of just our bug.
(clearly a little tired/weary - but at least we are smiling)

Our time together used to be spent actually together - talking, cuddling, going out, running errands together, etc. 

Now our time is filled with more of a divide and conquer - "you take Mason, I'll make dinner" or "you stay here while he sleeps, I'll run to the store" or "you hold down the fort, I'll get out of the house for the first time today and get a treat" or "you go running, why I stay here" Or my personal favorite:
"you do the laundry...

... while I zonk out"

With all that said - we are surviving and absolutely loving being parents. Now, don't get me wrong, it took some getting used to, game planning, and adjustments - but is there anything better than taking care of the baby we made? I think not.

I couldn't do it without this boy and I'm so glad I don't have to. He's there to pick up where I fail to finish, he's there with open arms and a shoulder to cry on, he's just a phone call away to provide adult interaction in my day, and so much more.

So although our "us" has changed a bit - I wouldn't change a thing.

3 comments:

Maga said...

Glad you're loving life and your spouse so much!!!!

Shannon said...

Such a great pair. And I think the newest addition just makes it all that much more perfect. Love you!

Jamie said...

Honestly, you are so photogenic.

It's so hard to keep a sense of self once a little one comes along, right? So many adjustments to be made.