Monday, September 10, 2012

Summer Lovin'

Wow - where did summer go?

This was a big summer for us - Mason's first ever and my first summer as a mom. We were busy and had a blast. And now since I haven't blogged about any of it, here is the photo dump.

First off - 
PLAY DATES
I have joined the weekly play date club and I love it - getting to see my sisters every week is always the highlight. We did so many fun things from low key days at people's houses, hot days at the splashpads, picnics in the park, to days at my pool. 






Then, of course, there were
LUNCH DATES


Some of my favorite days
GRANDMA DATES
I always love the days I get with just my mom - I feel so spoiled that I get her all to myself. She's a gem. 


Mason even scored a 
GREAT-GRANDMA DATE
One of my favorite pictures ever - such a treasure. Too many good things to say about Maga - love her.

Naturally there were plenty of events at the fun house
THE JENSEN HOUSE
4th of July, birthday parties, BBQ's, and some cousin love.



 We joined the Clark's in 
PARK CITY
This was our first overnight outing since having Mason - and boy is it hard to sleep in the same room as a snorting, sleeping baby. But we had a blast with games at the park, lots of food, and just getting a chance to all get together.

We stayed in some yurts - that was a first for me - and Mason met his cousin Grayson who is exactly 2 weeks younger than him. I have a feeling they are going to be great friends.




Next up for our little travelin' babe was
ST GEORGE
He got to tag along on our girls trip down south. It was a fabulous long weekend full of shopping, eating, relaxing, swimming, etc. It was just fantastic and I had so much help with Mason. He was a so good the whole time (except for the few moments he would get "really fussy").

Did I mention - ALL the girls in the Jensen Family made it? Fabulous.








Not quite "traveling" - but I feel like anything past the Point of the Mountain counts - we headed to Springville to cheer on all our favorite runners at the 
HOBBLE CREEK HALF MARATHON
A huge shout out to all the runners, but especially our main man Cam (as you can imagine, Mason was thrilled to be cheering him on) and my awe-inspiring dad who ran his first half at age 60 and rocked it.


We hit up the local attractions such as
LAGOON
Every year Cam's work has a Lagoon day and we decided to take our little 6 week old (ya, who does that?)

The other attraction
THE ZOO
Both with the Clark's

and the Jensen's




 Phew - that was so much easier than a post for each one.

We had an AMAZING summer and had such a blast getting to spend so much time with family. We are so lucky to be so close to so much of our family and it seems like not a week went by without at least one get together (but that was really the minimum - it wasn't unusual for several things to be planned in a week). 

I really can't wait for all of the upcoming seasons and holidays - but I am mourning the passing of summer. It's always such a fun time of year - but I also love looking forward to next summer when Mason will be a bit older and able to enjoy all these fun things we do.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

oh my. he is too cute! cant wait to see him. You look so good! such a stylin mama!

Maga said...

LOVED SUMMER PICTURES! Especially little ones and sisters and Mom!!
Keep me up to date!!!

hbentley said...

Loved all of our activites this summer. Glad we all like each other so much.