Sunday, June 24, 2012

Swim Time

Mason discovered his new favorite thing (he told me so) - swimming.

We had a little get together at Grandma Lynette's and after watching people in the pool for a while - we decided to see if Mason would enjoy it. 

Not planning on him swimming we didn't have a swim diaper or a swimsuit, but Lynette had a swim diaper on hand - and I'm pretty sure we could have cut arm holes in it and made it a full body diaper.
(do you notice the little rolls my little guy is getting? - love them)

 We got him in and he was as calm as a cucumber. He has always been calm and loved his baths - so I was hoping he would like it, but I was surprised by just how calm he was.

I think this is probably the moment Cameron has waited for the most in fatherhood. You see, since Cameron grew up with a pool swimming it a favorite activity. Even from the first summer I knew him - Cam talked about how fun it would be to have his own kid to swim with. I don't think this is exactly the stage he was talking about - but the closest he has been and so this was big.

There were naturally the many expressions of Mason (he seems to be pretty expressive when doing nearly anything)
 (do you all notice my little red head? Seriously, where did this come from...)

Mason was happy for a good 30 minutes, so I would say this was a success. Which is a good thing, because swimming is kind of our thing. Our summer days are filled with pool days at any number of pools: our community pool, Grandma Lynette's pool, the swim club. And when we are lucky we even like to fill our winter days with pool days when we can get away to St. George at Grandma Teri's pool. 

So ya, we kinda like to swim and I'm glad he is up for that.
 I just love my boys.

1 comment:

Lynette said...

He is such a cutie. I am glad that his first time was in our pool. He will have lots of fun in years to come with his cousins too. I'm glad it was a nice day.